Helping the elderly live independently.
Our Community Care Program has serviced the greater community for many years, and is widely recognized as a leading provider of quality in-home care for seniors and other adults who need help with activities of daily living. Our goal through this program is to enrich the lives of our clients, as we enable them to maintain the highest possible level of independent living in their own homes.
We are a licensed agency of the Illinois Department on Aging. Our Community Care Program offers a cost-effective alternative to nursing home placement.
AUAF proudly serves thousands of clients throughout Illinois. Our Community Care Program services any seniors or other disabled persons who meet all current eligibility requirements:
- Aged 60 years old or older
- United States citizenship or legal resident status required
- Reside in the state of Illinois
- Non-exempt assets total $17,500 or less
*Level of income does not affect eligibility
- Have an assessed need for long-term care
Our services include:
- Assisting with personal hygiene, including toileting, bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Preparing meals, assistance with eating meals, and washing plates
- Medication reminders
- Escort services and support at doctor appointments, grocery shopping, and errands
- Light housekeeping: dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and more
- Sanitizing kitchens and bathrooms
- Laundry care including washing, ironing, and changing bed linens
- Companionship and social interaction
- Recreational and physical activities such as taking walks
- Organizing closets/drawers
- Sorting bills and assistance with paying, etc.
We are fluent in English, Assyrian, Arabic, Russian, Farsi, and Armenian.
Apply now and become part of the AUAF family.
To apply for our Community Care Program, call us at (773)274-9262.
Documentation required for prospective clients:
- Social Security Card
- Medicaid or Medicare card
- State ID with updated address
Documentation required for prospective homecare aides:
- Social Security Card
- Valid Driver’s License or State ID
- Proof of citizenship or legal status and employment authorization, if applicable
- Copy of high school or college diploma
Task Sheets 2018
- January Task Sheet
- February Task Sheet
- March Task Sheet
- April Task Sheet
- May Task Sheet
- June Task Sheet